Our 5-days Sea Kayak Personal Performance focused course is an important part of your journey as a paddler, towards the milestone of achieving the new British Canoeing Sea Kayak Award.
This skills development journey is designed in order to help you develop skills and ability for an enjoyable and safe day out on the sea.
We aim towards confident planning and paddling performance in winds of up to force 3 and/or tides up to 1 knot.
Along our time shared in this Sea Kayak Personal Performance course, we aim to develop knowledge, skills and decision making in areas such as:
- Location specific; weather, tidal, topography, access and environmental considerations. Sources of information and interpretations.
- Day-trip preparation; equipment, clothing, trip-planning, navigational considerations.
- On the water; group and other water users awareness, communication, safety and rescue. Seamanship.
- Sea kayak handling, incident management and rescue skills.
- After the session reflection, learning points and outcomes.
- Future development, options and goal setting.
Indicative duration: 25-30 hours in 5-6 days
Suitable for: Everyone who has a fundamental experience in paddlesports and wishes to develop sea kayak specific skills, knowledge and decision making in order to confidently and safely plan and undertake a day-trip out on the sea.
Indicative price: 420€ (British Canoeing registration and/or certification fees are not included)
Venues: We offer our courses everywhere in Greece, on demand. Our regularly scheduled courses are offered periodically in the year in a variety of venues at south Attica, near Athens and Sounio, the central Ionian islands –Kefalonia, Lefkada, Paxos & Antipaxos- as well as west Greece –Ambracian Gulf, Preveza .
Dates for next scheduled courses:
- Athens – South Attica, 3-8 April 2019
- Ionian sea – Paxos & Antipaxos, 6-12 May 2019 (please note this is a combination of a training course and multi-day circumnavigation, click for further details here)
- Athens – South Attica, 1-5 November 2019
Note that all our offered Sea Kayak Personal Performance courses are also available as tailor-made, long-term progression of a series of coaching sessions and journeys.
The completion of the award endorses your skill, judgement and decision making required for a successful day on the sea. This creates a sound basis for building the experience and knowledge associated with the Coastal Sea Kayak Award.