Our 3-days British Canoeing, Non-Tidal Sea Kayak Leaders Course aims to explore and help you develop a good part of all those important elements of a confident Sea Kayak Leader such as awareness, understanding, personal skills, knowledge, strategies and decision making in a moderate, non-tidal sea environment.
Along the course we paddle in venues offering the opportunity to practice in moderate sea state 3(4) and winds up to and including force 4 and emphasise on elements of performance such as:
- Personal paddling skills in moderate water environment (sea state 3/4)
- Knowledge and skilful application of a variety of rescue skills and towing
- Leadership; group management, strategies, decision-making, awareness, risk & incident management
- Planning, weather forecast interpretations, chart work, environmental considerations
- Navigation, general knowledge, seamanship
- Reflection, future development, goal setting and action plans
Duration: 17+ hrs in 3 days
Suitable for: Every aspiring sea kayak leader. Every sea paddler with skills and knowledge associated with the old 3 Star, new Sea Kayak or Coastal Sea Kayak Personal Performance award that wishes to develop further as a sea kayak leader.
Venues: Venues at south Attica, near Athens and Sounio.
Coaching: 2 days with Doug Cooper (May 4 & 5) , 1 day with George Gazetas (May 3)
Dates for next scheduled courses:
- Athens, 3-5 May 2022