Our 4-days (including the Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning module) British Canoeing Sea Kayak Leaders Course aims to deliver a great deal of all those important elements of a Sea Kayak Leader’s set of skills, knowledge, tactical approaches, expertise and decision making in moderate sea environment.
Along the course we paddle in a good variety of venues working in moderate sea state, with some sessions taking place in tidal environment -yes there are moderate tidal venues in Greece!- and winds up to and including force 4 in elements of performance such as:
- Personal paddling skills in moderate water environment (sea state 3/4)
- Knowledge and skilful application of a variety of rescue skills and towing
- Leadership; group management, strategies, decision-making, safety awareness, risk management, incident management
- Planning, weather forecast interpretations, chart work, environmental considerations
- Navigation, general knowledge, seamanship
- Reflection, future development, goal setting and action plans
Duration: 25+ hours in 4 days that include the CNTP
Suitable for: Every sea paddler who performs with the skills, knowledge and ability associated with the old 3 Star or the new Coastal Sea Kayak Personal Performance award holders and wishes to progress their ability into leadership.
Price: 420€ (British Canoeing registration and/or certification fees are not included)
Venues: We offer our courses everywhere in Greece, on demand. Our regularly scheduled Sea Kayak Leaders’ courses are offered periodically in the year, during March and November in a variety of venues at south Attica, near Athens and Sounio as well as the Corinthian Gulf and Euboea island.
Dates for next scheduled courses:
- Athens & Corinthian Gulf, 21-24 November 2019